ILLini football at UConn
The Fighting Illini Football team will play the Huskies for the first time, and we'll be there in East Hartford to cheer them on. And what's an Illini football game without a tailgate party?
Here's the 411:
- We have a big block of tickets reserved for the game, in Section 240, at $20 each
- Kickoff is at 3:30pm
- The game is at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT, just outside of Hartford
- Hartford is roughly 3 hours away from New York by car, bus (Greyhound or Peter Pan from Port Authority), or Amtrak (from Penn Station).
- If you're not driving, Peter Pan is probably the best option as it has the most frequent service and is inexpensive.
- Once you get to Hartford, it's about a 10-minute drive/Uber/taxi ride to Rentschler Field.
- Driving directions can be found on the UConn website here - just scroll down to "Directions". A stadium map is shown at the bottom of this page.
- Please be aware of the Stadium Bag Policy:
All bags must adhere to the 12” x 6” x 12” (height x width x depth) approved bags policy and will be searched upon entry to the stadium. Diaper bags are permitted in the company of a small child. Bags carrying medical needs will also be permitted and are subject to inspection at all entrances. Please view the complete bag policy and prohibited items at UConnHuskies.com/bagpolicy.
- Our tailgate will start at 12:30pm. We will be in the "White Pass Parking" area just southwest of the stadium as shown on the map below - look for the orange tent. We will have food, beer & wine, and soft drinks.
To purchase game tickets in our block:
- Click here to purchase directly from the UConn ticket office, and enter code "NYILLINI"; follow the prompts, and choose your seats in our section - try to fill the seats from right to left; you will then receive your e-tickets via email
- Technical difficulties? Contact Aaron Kurz: email@example.com or 860-486-6411
To register for the tailgate ($15):
- Click here
- Please register in advance (preferably no later than 9/3) so we can plan accordingly
FOR ANY QUESTIONS: e-mail Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org